Software Engineer (Android)
Location: Malmö, Sweden
We are building a smart home alarm and monitoring device that will change the way people approach the health & security of their home.
We are creating a product with the ambition that millions of people will use it to understand what’s going on inside their homes — allowing them to improve their safety today and catch any small issues before they become big issues.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their own situation and needs — whether that’s protecting their home from intruders & fire, or ensuring it’s an environmentally safe place to raise a family. All technology, from our custom hardware to the neural nets powering insights to our users, is developed in-house which gives you a unique opportunity to interact and learn from people with a broad range of backgrounds.
Four years ago, it was just the 4 founders – and we’re now a team of 25 across 3 offices with hugely ambitious plans. As a consequence, every single member of the team works on high impact and groundbreaking challenges. Our organisation is flat and lean where everyone talks to everyone. This allows us to be quick and work on what matters.
You will be a part of a team of developers where your expertise in Android will play an important role. You will work closely with iOS developers and hopefully contribute on the iOS platform as well.
Who are you?
- You want to be part of a team where the whole technology stack is developed in-house and you interact with everyone involved.
- You’ve learnt a new programming language during the last few years.
- You get things done.
- You enjoy the challenge of keeping both a high pace and quality.
- You like having technical discussions.
- You are curious.
- Coding for Minut’s Android app
- Taking an active part in technical discussions
- Contributing to UX/UI discussions
- Being part of designing new APIs for the backend
- Releasing the app and administering the beta testing group.
- Assisting with analytics and data from the apps needed to grow our company.
- You have been a key developer in preferably two different major Android projects
- Used Kotlin as the primary language in a production environment
- Comfortable using Gradle and the Android build processes
- Good knowledge of the Android platform tools
- Experience with the profiling tools for Android
- Up to date with news/changes in the Android platform
- Comfortable reviewing code and getting reviewed
- Used to writing tests (and know drawbacks/benefits of different types of testing).
- Experience with Git
- Excellent communication skills in English is a requirement, but Swedish is not.
Nice to have
- iOS experience
- RX experience
- Bluetooth experience
Practicalities & Benefits
- Stock options, if we do well, you do well.
- Opportunity to influence what your working responsibilities are.
- Flexibility to work remotely when needed.
- Flexible work hours.
- Company away days twice a year. Usually March/April and September/October.
- Relocation package. If you’re not in Malmö, we’ll help you relocate. Visa required.
- Well-fare (friskvårdsbidrag) allowance
Curious about the position and want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies, please.