Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Malmö, Sweden
We are building a smart home alarm and monitoring device that will change the way people approach the health & security of their home.
We are creating a product with the ambition that millions of people will use it to understand what’s going on inside their homes — allowing them to improve their safety today and catch any small issues before they become big issues.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their own situation and needs — whether that’s protecting their home from intruders & fire, or ensuring it’s an environmentally safe place to raise a family. All technology, from our custom hardware to the neural nets powering insights to user apps, is developed in-house which gives you a unique opportunity to interact and learn from people with a broad range of backgrounds.
Four years ago, it was just the 4 founders – and we’re now a team of 25 across 3 offices with hugely ambitious plans. As a consequence, every single member of the team works on high impact and groundbreaking challenges. Our organisation is flat and lean where everyone talks to everyone. This allows us to be quick and work on what matters.
As a software engineer on the backend team, you will be responsible for everything from development and testing to architecture and operations.
Who are you?
- You want to be part of a team where the whole technology stack is developed in-house and you interact with everyone involved.
- You’ve learnt a new programming language during the last few years.
- You get things done.
- You enjoy the challenge of keeping both a high pace and quality.
- You like having technical discussions.
- You are curious.
- Writing code, both for new features and maintenance.
- DevOps (monitoring, deployments, cluster configuration, routing configuration, etc)
- API design, creating clear and robust APIs according to best practices
- Making sure the architecture of the backend services evolve and expand to support an increase in users and functionality.
- Automation of tests and continuous delivery.
- You have significant experience from, preferably several, projects with a large number of users and a high traffic load, hosted in a cloud environment.
- You have coded for backends in more than one language.
- You have used Docker with orchestration tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a requirement, but Swedish is not.
Our current technology stack
Includes: Node.js, TypeScript, Python, MongoDb, SQL, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Practicalities & Benefits
- Stock options, if we do well, you do well.
- Opportunity to influence what your working responsibilities are.
- Flexibility to work remotely when needed.
- Flexible work hours.
- Company away days twice a year. Usually March/April and September/October.
- Relocation package. If you’re not in Malmö, we’ll help you relocate. Visa required.
- Well-fare (friskvårdsbidrag) allowance
Curious about the position and want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com. No agencies, please.