Refer a Friend
From time to time, we may establish Refer-A-Friend programs and campaigns. Referring a friend or a family member is a great way to tell others about Points. As with all programs, there are a few rules to comply with so everyone plays fair. Here they are:
How to Find Out if We Have a Refer-A-Friend Campaign Going On?
- If we start a Refer-A-Friend campaign, the notification will show up in your Point app. This notification will have more specific information about the campaign and how to earn rewards under the campaign. Be sure to update your Point app to have access to the latest campaign notifications!
How to Refer Friends and Family Members?
- The Point app will give you a unique referral code. You may send your unique code via the Point app to your friends and family members. The code will enable your friend or family member to buy a Point at a discount. We may also send you an e-mail containing a link for you to share with your friends and family members.
- Our Refer-A-Friend campaigns are for friends and family members only, and only for the personal and non-commercial use of you, your friends and your family members. You may not publish or distribute your unique code or a referral link on commercial websites (such as coupon websites) or on blogs. You may not “spam” anyone with referral invitations. This includes mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not know or using automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute your code or referral link. You may not pay to advertise your code or referral link, and you may not sell your code or referral link to anyone.
- You may post the unique referral link on your personal social media account, excluding any site that is contributed to or owned by someone else (eg Wikipedia and coupon websites). Note: search engine marketing (eg Adwords, Yahoo or Bing) or the words “coupon”, “code”, “promo code”, “discount code”, “voucher code” or “voucher” must not be used to promote posts.
- We may limit the number of times you may use your code. This means that your unique code may only be used a specific number of times.
What Does My Friend or Family Member Get?
- If you send the code or link to your friend or a family member, your friend or family member can use your unique code at check-out to purchase a Point at a discount typically ranging from 10%-20% of the price of a Point (excluding shipping, and customs charges and taxes), depending on the terms of the specific Refer-A-Friend campaign. The Point app will tell you the applicable discount percentage for each campaign.
- Your friend or family member may only use one discount per purchase. This means that if your friend or family member already has a discount code from another Point user or some other right to get a discount toward a purchase of a Point, your friend or family member cannot combine the discounts.
What Do I Get for the Referral?
- If your friend or family member purchases and pays for a Point with your unique code, you will also get a reward. You will get the same discount percentage as your friend or family member got with your unique code. You can use that discount to purchase a Point right away or you can accumulate the discounts until you have reached 100% in total discounts, and then you’ll be eligible to get a free Point.
- You will not earn discounts over 100%. This means that even if your friends and family members have purchased multiple Points with your unique code and received altogether, say, 140% in discounts (adding them all up), you will stay at 100% until you have claimed your free Point. After that, you will start accumulating discounts for another 100%.
- Similarly, if you have accumulated less than 100% in discounts but decide not to wait for a free Point, you can use whatever discount you have accumulated toward the purchase of a Point. After your purchase, you will start accumulating discounts from scratch again.
- You can’t transfer your accumulated discounts to anyone, they are only for your personal and individual use.
How Long Does Each Refer-a-Friend Campaign Last?
- The Point app may tell you how long your unique codes are valid., i.e. when they expire. If there is no expiration date in the Point app, we may terminate any particular Refer-A-Friend campaign and the codes at our discretion at any time. After they expire, the codes can no longer be used.
- We reserve the right to terminate a Refer-A-Friend campaign whenever we wish. If we terminate a program, the codes are no longer valid and your rewards will terminate.
- If you have a question about the validity or expiration of your unique code, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What Else Should I Know?
- The codes or referral links have no official monetary value and can’t be exchanged, transferred, redeemed, replaced or refunded for proper cash or cash equivalents.
- The discount that you or your friend or a family member uses is a discount on the price of one Point. The discounts cannot be used for shipping, customs or import charges or any taxes. This means that even if you have accumulated enough discounts to get a free Point, you must still pay for any applicable shipping and customs charges and taxes.
- The discounts under one of our Refer-A-Friend campaigns cannot be combined or used with any other discount.
If your friend or family member orders a Point with your unique code but then cancels his or her order – or returns the Point after it has been shipped to him or her – we will deduct the corresponding reward from you.
- You are responsible for notifying your friend or family member of these terms and any specific terms for a specific Refer-A-Friend campaign in your Point app.
Other Important Terms and Conditions That Apply:
- We may suspend or terminate any Refer-A-Friend campaign or your ability to participate in it at any time for any reason.
- We reserve the right to suspend accounts or invalidate codes, discounts or rewards if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these terms or the Minut Terms of Service. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals in our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate.
- We reserve the right to interpret these terms and our determination of what these terms mean in a specific situation will be made in good faith. Once made, such determination will be final on us, on you and on any of your friends and family members.
- We can update these Refer-A-Friend terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on our website to be effective upon posting. Continued participation in the program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
- Our programs and campaigns are void where prohibited by law.
- As always, any use of a Point is subject to our Terms of Service